How To Submit an Entry to the Record Book*
Submitting entries is a relatively easy but important process. The SCI Record Book ofAnimals is a living history of our hunting heritage, so accuracy and proper documentation are key.
1. To enter one or more entries, locate an official or master measurer to have yourspecies measured.Finda measurer inyour area with our Search for a Measurer database. Simply enter your zip code or country.
2. Each entry must be submitted on official SCI measuring forms. All official measurers have current measuring forms. Measuring forms are also available for download. Fill out the form completely, and please print legibly.
3. A field photo(s) must be attached of the animal.The photo serves several purposes – to verify the species of animal as well as to distinguish all the points on antlered game.Three photos are required for antlered game (front, right, and left views) to make out all the points clearly.
4. Finally, include the Record Book processing feeof $35 per entry. Most members choose to purchase the medallion plaque when they submit their entry.If the medallion plaque is purchased at the same time as the entry, then the total fee is $80. Please note that SCI does not accept electronic entries at this time.
5. Mail your completed entry forms to:
Safari Club International
4800 West Gates Pass Road
Tucson, AZ 85745
*(You must be a member to participate and submit entries.)
|Honor the Hunt
Honor those special hunts and trophies with a walnut plaque
|Download the Membership Brochure - Form Included!|
Submit a photo entry of your trophyfor the World Hunting Awards issue
TheRecord BookDepartmentOffice reviews each entry to make sure the information has been filled out correctly, completely, and legibly. The entire process normally takes 8-12 weeks. The completion of medallion plaques may take up to 16 weeks.
1. If the entry or entries is complete and a field photo has been attached, the payment is processed and the entries are filed in the order they were received for processing. Entries that are not submitted with a field photo may be accepted into Record Book, but additional information must be submitted and approved by the sub-chair.
2. If the entry or entries is incomplete, one of the following may occur:
- Entries without the signature of the hunter or measurer are returned to the SCI member.
- If you paid with a credit card, the entries that are in order will be processed and your credit card will be charged for those entries only.
- Entries missing other information such as locality taken, date killed and so forth will be held while the staff makes an attempt to collect the missing information via email and phone. If the member does not respond to these requests the entries will be returned to the SCI member.
- Entries office without photographs will be automatically returned to the SCI member.
3. It takes about two weeks for an entry or entries received by the Record Book Department to be processed into the Record Book database. The entry must then go through several steps before it can be ranked in the Record Book.
- Entries are grouped into batches of 300 entries. The batches of entries are then scanned and organized, and a back-up copy of each entry is made.
- All potential new Top Ten entry photos are scanned and saved for possible printing in the Record Book. In many cases, new photos are requested.
- The batch of 300 entries is then divided up by continent and sent to the sub-chair (a sub-chair is an SCI volunteer who is considered to be an accomplished hunter expert in a given geographical area).
- The sub-chair carefully checks the information on the score sheet for each entry in his batch and either approves the entry as submitted or places the entry on hold until additional information is gathered.
- Additional information requested may include the following: photographs with more clarity to identify tines; more precise location; clarification on whether the trophy was hunted on an estate or free range; request for the trophy to be re-scored.
- If the SCI member has not cleared up the request by the sub-chair in 90 days, the entry is removed from the database and returned to the member without a refund.
- The sub-chair returns a detailed report on the batch of entries. At this time the entries that are approved are officially ranked in the SCI Record Book ofAnimals. (The SCI Record Book is ranked everynight at midnight.)
4. After the entries from a batch have been approved, certified, and ranked, a 3x5 certification card is created and mailed to the SCI member. These cards are the member's final notification on their entry and are a thank you in appreciation of your business. If a medallion plaque is ordered with the record book entry, it will arrive approximately two weeks after the certification card.
Please note that the ranking on the certification cards may not be the same ranking that appears in the SCI Record Book ofAnimals. The Record Book Software is a dynamic program. Potentially, every ranking could change on a weekly basis. The rankings printed in the SCI Record Book ofAnimals are the rankings based on the deadline for that edition. Deadline for entry submissionfor the Record Bookis March 1st of the corresponding year.